Terms of Service
- Modifications to the Agreement
- Contact Information
- Web Site Intended Audience
- Electronic Communications
- Compliance With Laws
- User Conduct
- Protection of Intellectual Rights and License
- User Content and Correspondence
- Storage of Content
- Your Contact With Advertisers or Other Third Parties
- Other Web Sites
- Information Disclaimer
- Disclaimer of Warranties With Respect to Use of Web Site
- Purchasing Items on BioInfoRx
- Limitations of Liability
- Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
- Trademark Notices
- Modification or Suspension of the Web Site
- Severability of Agreement
- Limitations of Actions Brought Against BioInfoRx
- Applicable Law
Modifications to the Agreement
BioInfoRx may make changes to the Agreement from time to time in its sole discretion, and will post any such changes on the Web Site. Each time changes are made to the Agreement, notice of these changes will be posted on the home page. Your continued use of the Web Site or placement of orders following the posting of changes constitutes your acceptance of any such changes.
If you have any questions or concerns with respect to the Agreement or the Web site you may contact us directly.
Web Site Intended Audience
This Web Site is intended for and directed to adults in the United States only. This Web Site is not intended for any children under the age of 13.
The information communicated on the Web Site constitutes an electronic communication. When you communicate with us through the Web Site or via other forms of electronic media, such as e-mail, you are communicating with us electronically. You agree that we may communicate electronically and that such communications, as well as notices, disclosures, agreements, and other communications that we provide to you electronically, are equivalent to communications in writing and shall have the same force and effect as if they were in writing and signed by the party sending the communication.
Compliance With Laws
You agree to comply with all applicable local laws regarding your use of the Web Site, including, without limitation, laws regarding import/export of technical data by virtue of your online transmission.
You understand and agree that all text, graphics, software, music, sound, photographs, videos, messages, posts, data, information, or other materials ("Content") are the sole responsibility of the person with whom the Content originated. Thus, you are responsible for all Content that you disseminate or transmit through or by means of the Web Site.
You agree that you will not use the Web Site in any way to:
(1) post, disseminate, or transmit any Content that is unlawful, harassing, defamatory, abusive, threatening, obscene, harmful, tortious, libelous, or invasive of another's privacy;
(2) post, disseminate, or transmit any Content that infringes or violates any party's copyright, trademark, trade secret, patent, or other proprietary right, including, but not limited to, using third-party copyrighted materials without appropriate permission, using third-party trademarks without appropriate permission or attribution, and using or distributing third-party information (whether or not protected as a trade secret) in violation of a duty of confidentiality;
(3) post, disseminate, or transmit any worms, viruses, or other harmful, disruptive, or destructive files, code, or programs;
(4) post, disseminate, or transmit any unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, chain letters, spam, junk mail, or any other type of unsolicited mass e-mail to people or entities that have not agreed to be part of such mailings;
(5) impersonate any person or entity; falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity; intentionally omit, delete, forge, or misrepresent transmission information, including headers, return mailing, and Internet protocol addresses; or otherwise manipulate identifiers to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Web Site;
(6) post, disseminate, or transmit any Content you do not have the right to post, disseminate, or transmit;
(7) disrupt the normal flow of dialogue or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects other users' ability to engage in real-time exchanges;
(8) interfere with, disrupt, or harm in any way the Web Site or servers or networks connected to the Web Site;
(9) electronically stalk or otherwise harass another user;
(10) collect or store personal data about other users;
(11) engage in any activities that would violate the personal privacy rights of others, including but not limited to collecting and distributing information about other users without their permission, except as permitted by applicable law;
(12) use the Web Site for any illegal purpose, in violation of any applicable laws or regulations or in violation of the rules of any other Web site's providers, Web sites, chat rooms, or the like; or
(13) intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national, or international law or any regulations having the force of law.
Protection of Intellectual Rights and License
You acknowledge that content available through the Web Site, including, without limitation, content in the form of text, graphics, software, music, sound, photographs, and videos, and content provided by suppliers, sponsors, or third-party advertisers ("Intellectual Property Rights"), is protected by copyrights, trademarks, patents, or other proprietary rights and laws. Except as expressly authorized by BioInfoRx herein, you agree not to copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, assign, distribute, license, reverse engineer, or create derivative works based on the Web Site or any content (including, without limitation, any software) available through the Web Site.
You are hereby granted a nonexclusive, nontransferable, revocable, limited license to view, copy, print, and distribute content retrieved from the Web Site for your personal, noncommercial purposes, provided that you do not remove or obscure the copyright notice or other notices displayed on the content. You may not copy, reprint, modify, distribute, or sell content retrieved from the Web Site in any way, for any commercial use or provide it to any commercial source, including other Web sites, regardless of whether you receive compensation, without the prior written permission of BioInfoRx. You may not frame any trademark, logo, or other proprietary information on this Web Site without the express written consent of BioInfoRx. Except as expressly provided in the Agreement, nothing contained in the Agreement or on the Web Site shall be construed as conferring any other license or right, expressly, by implication, by estoppel, or otherwise under any of BioInfoRx's Intellectual Property Rights or under any third party's Intellectual Property Rights. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
User Content and Correspondence
You acknowledge that BioInfoRx does not generally prescreen Content, but that BioInfoRx and its designees will have the right (but not the obligation) in their sole discretion to edit, refuse, remove, or move any Content that is available via the Web Site. BioInfoRx reserves the right in its sole discretion to refuse access to the site to any user for any reason, including without limitation, any reason that violates the Agreement. Without limiting the foregoing, BioInfoRx and its designees will have the right to remove any Content that violates the Agreement or that BioInfoRx considers, in its sole discretion, objectionable, whether for legal or for other reasons. You understand that the technical processing and transmission of the Web Site, including your Content, may involve transmissions over various networks and require changes to conform and adapt to technical requirements of connecting networks or devices.
By posting Content to the Web Site or by transmitting Content using the Web Site, you (1) represent and warrant to BioInfoRx that you have all necessary permission to post or transmit Content; and (2) grant to BioInfoRx a worldwide, nonexclusive, perpetual, fully sub-licensable, royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform, and display such Content (in whole or part) worldwide and/or to incorporate it in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed.
Bulletin boards and chat rooms contain the opinions and views of other users. BioInfoRx is not responsible for the accuracy of any messages on this site and you should always consult a physician or other qualified healthcare provider before relying on any information you find on this site. You agree that you must evaluate, and bear all risks associated with, the use of any Content, including any reliance on the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of such Content.
Any comments, materials, or letters sent by you to BioInfoRx regarding the Web Site, including, without limitation, questions, comments, suggestions, criticisms, or the like ("Received Materials") shall be deemed to be nonconfidential and free of any claims of proprietary or personal rights unless you explicitly state in the correspondence that the letter (i) is "not for publication" and (ii) contains "private and proprietary" information that may not be distributed. BioInfoRx will have no obligation of any kind with respect to Received Materials that you do not restrict and BioInfoRx will be free to reproduce, use, disclose, exhibit, display, transform, edit, abridge, create derivative works from, and/or distribute Received Materials that you do not restrict. Furthermore, BioInfoRx is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to BioInfoRx, whether you restrict its distribution or not, for any purpose whatsoever, including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing, and marketing products using such information, without compensation or any other obligations to anyone, including yourself.
Storage of Content
You agree that BioInfoRx may establish, in its sole discretion and without prior notice to you, a maximum amount of storage space for Content maintained, disseminated, or transmitted through the Web Site. You agree that BioInfoRx has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of or failure to store any messages, communications, or other Content maintained, disseminated, or transmitted through the Web Site.
Your Contact With Advertisers or Other Third Parties
Your dealings with advertisers or other third parties found on or through the Web Site are solely between you and the third party. These dealings include, but are not limited to, your participation in promotions, the payment for and delivery of items if any, and any terms, conditions, warranties, or representations associated with such dealings. BioInfoRx does not make any representations or warranties with respect to any items or services that may be obtained from such third parties, and you agree that BioInfoRx will have no liability with respect to any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of any dealings between you and any third party, or as a result of the presence of such third parties on the Web Site.
Other Web Sites
Links to Other Web sites
The Web Site, or third parties on the Web Site, may provide links to other sites and/or resources, including advertisers, over which BioInfoRx has no control. These links are provided solely as a convenience to users and should not be construed as an endorsement by BioInfoRx of content, items, or services on those third-party Web sites. You access and use such sites, including the content, items, or services on those sites, solely at your own risk. BioInfoRx makes no representations or warranties with respect to the Content, ownership, or legality of any such linked Web sites. You agree that BioInfoRx has no responsibility or liability for the availability of such external sites or resources, or for the Content, advertising, products, or other materials available through such sites or resources.
Linking to BioInfoRx
You are granted a limited, revocable, and nonexclusive right to create a hyperlink to the home page of BioInfoRx so long as the link does not portray BioInfoRx, its affiliates, or their items or services in a false, misleading, or offensive matter. You may not use any BioInfoRx logo or graphic or trademark as part of the link without the express written permission of BioInfoRx.
THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ADVICE AND RECOMMENDATIONS) AND SERVICES ON THE WEB SITE ARE INTENDED SOLELY AS A GENERAL EDUCATIONAL AID AND ARE NEITHER MEDICAL NOR HEALTHCARE ADVICE FOR ANY INDIVIDUAL PROBLEM NOR A SUBSTITUTE FOR MEDICAL OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL ADVICE AND SERVICES FROM A QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER FAMILIAR WITH YOUR UNIQUE FACTS. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF YOUR PHYSICIAN OR OTHER QUALIFIED HEALTHCARE PROVIDER REGARDING ANY MEDICAL CONDITION AND BEFORE STARTING ANY NEW TREATMENT. NOTHING CONTAINED IN THE WEB SITE IS INTENDED TO BE USED FOR MEDICAL DIAGNOSIS OR TREATMENT. THE INFORMATION AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED WITH THE UNDERSTANDING THAT NEITHER BIOINFORX NOR ITS SUPPLIERS OR USERS ARE ENGAGED IN RENDERING LEGAL, MEDICAL, COUNSELING, OR OTHER PROFESSIONAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. YOUR USE OF THE SITE IS SUBJECT TO THE ADDITIONAL DISCLAIMERS AND CAVEATS THAT MAY APPEAR THROUGHOUT THE WEB SITE. BIOINFORX AND ITS AGENTS ASSUME NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE RELATING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY TO ANY ACTION OR INACTION YOU TAKE BASED ON THE INFORMATION, SERVICES, OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THE WEB SITE. WHILE BIOINFORX STRIVES TO KEEP THE INFORMATION ON THE WEB SITE ACCURATE, COMPLETE, AND UP-TO-DATE, BIOINFORX AND ITS SUPPLIERS CANNOT GUARANTEE, AND WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR, ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS RELATED TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE INFORMATION.
This Web site ("Web Site") is owned by BioInfoRx, Inc. ("BioInfoRx"). All right to, title to, and interest in the content displayed on the Web Site, including but not limited to the Web Site's look and feel, data, information, text, graphics, images, sound or video materials, designs, trademarks, service marks, trade names, and URL, are the property of BioInfoRx or its respective partners, agents, or third parties.
Disclaimer of Warranties With Respect to Use of Web Site
THE WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" AND "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY PROVIDED HEREIN, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE PURSUANT TO APPLICABLE LAW, BIOINFORX EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NONINFRINGEMENT.
BIOINFORX DOES NOT MAKE ANY WARRANTY THAT THE WEB SITE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS, OR THAT ACCESS TO THE WEB SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT DEFECTS, IF ANY, WILL BE CORRECTED. BIOINFORX MAKES NO WARRANTIES AS TO THE RESULTS THAT MAY BE OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE WEB SITE OR AS TO THE ACCURACY, QUALITY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY INFORMATION OBTAINED THROUGH THE WEB SITE.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT ANY MATERIAL AND/OR DATA DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE WEB SITE IS USED AT YOUR OWN RISK AND THAT YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF SUCH MATERIAL AND/OR DATA.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM BIOINFORX OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN.
Purchasing Items on BioInfoRx
BioInfoRx attempts to describe the items available on the Web Site as accurately as possible. BioInfoRx does not warrant that product descriptions are accurate, complete, reliable, current, or error-free. If a product described on the Web Site is not as described when you receive it, your sole remedy is to return it to us in unused and undamaged condition in accordance with our Return Policy, which is described below.
Order Acceptance and Shipment
Your placement of an order does not necessarily assure that we will accept your order. We may require additional information regarding your order if you have not provided all of the information required by us to complete it. Once a properly completed order is received and authorization of your form of payment is received, we will promptly locate the product(s) you have ordered to place them in line for shipment. If, for some reason, we determine that we cannot ship your product within thirty (30) days following our receipt of a properly completed order, we will cancel your order and advise you of such action. BioInfoRx is a reseller to end-use customers and does not accept orders from dealers, wholesalers, or other customers who intend to resell items offered on the Web Site.
Pricing and Sales Tax
We cannot confirm the price of an item until you place an order. We do not charge your credit card until your order is shipped. At the time that you place your order, it will include an estimate for sales tax; the actual amount will be charged at the time your order is shipped. We will add sales tax for orders if necessary. Each customer is solely responsible for all sales/use taxes applicable to orders shipped to all other locations. The sales tax we charge will incorporate both state and local taxes and therefore may vary from one locale to another. It will be calculated based on state and local laws, which may include tax on shipping, handling, and gift-wrap charges. No sales tax is applied to gift certificates, but purchases paid for with gift certificates may be subject to tax.
Pricing Errors and Omissions
Please be aware that prices, availability and other purchase terms are subject to change without prior notice. We make every effort to insure the accuracy of the information on our site and when errors are discovered, we will correct them. Be advised that BioInfoRx reserves the right to revoke any stated offer to correct any errors, inaccuracies, or omissions including after an order has been submitted, after it has been confirmed, or after your credit card has been charged. If we discover an error after your credit card has been charged and and your order is canceled as a result of the error, your credit card will be refunded the full amount of your order. You will be notified via email if your order has been canceled.
Risk of Loss
All items purchased from BioInfoRx are delivered to shipment carriers. The risk of loss and title for such items pass to you upon our delivery to the carrier.
You may return items to BioInfoRx, for any reason at anytime for a full refund, so long as they are returned unused and unopened, in the original packaging with full contents. We will process your return promptly and will remit your refund in the same form of payment originally used for purchase within thirty (30) business days of our receiving your return. If your return is not due to our error, we will deduct the shipping costs from your refund.
Limitations of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL BIOINFORX BE LIABLE FOR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF GOODWILL, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, OR ANY OTHER INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, AND ON ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY, WHETHER FOR BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE AND STRICT LIABILITY), OR OTHERWISE RESULTING FROM (1) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE WEB SITE; (2) THE USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, ITEMS PURCHASED ON THE WEB SITE; (3) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE SERVICES, ITEMS, OR WEB SITES; (4) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (5) THE STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE WEB SITE; OR (6) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE WEB SITE. THESE LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT BIOINFORX HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES AND NOTWITHSTANDING ANY FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY LIMITED REMEDY.
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless BioInfoRx, its directors, officers, employees, agents, co-branders, subsidiaries, parents, and affiliates, from and against any and all liability, losses, claims, demands, disputes, damages, and costs of any kind, including, without limitation, reasonable attorneys' fees and costs of litigation resulting from or in any way connected with your use of the Web Site; Content you submit, post, or transmit through the Web Site; your breach of the Agreement; and your connection to the Web Site.
Notice and Procedure for Making Claims of Copyright Infringement
BioInfoRx asks our users to respect the intellectual property of others. Pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, 17 U.S.C. sec. 512, BioInfoRx has designated an agent to receive notices of claimed copyright infringement. If you believe in good faith that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide BioInfoRx's Copyright Agent the following information:
1. An electronic or physical signature of the person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright interest;
2. A description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed;
3. A description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Web Site;
4. Your address, telephone number, and e-mail address;
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
6. A statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
Upon receipt of the written notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 6 above:
1. BioInfoRx shall remove or disable access to the material that is alleged to be infringing;
2. BioInfoRx shall forward the written notification to such alleged infringer ("Subscriber"); and
3. BioInfoRx shall take reasonable steps to promptly notify the Subscriber that it has removed or disabled access to the material.
If Subscriber believes that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against it and it would like to submit a counter-notification, it may file a Counter-Notification in Response to Claim of Copyright Infringement with BioInfoRx's Copyright Agent.
To be effective, a Counter-Notification must be a written communication provided to the BioInfoRx's Copyright Agent for Notice that includes the following information:
1. A physical or electronic signature of the Subscriber;
2. Identification of the material that has been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled;
3. A statement under penalty of perjury that the Subscriber has a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of a mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled; and
4. The Subscriber's name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that the Subscriber consents to the jurisdiction of Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, or if the Subscriber's address is outside of the United States, for any judicial district in which BioInfoRx may be found, and that the Subscriber will accept service of process from the person who provided notification or an agent of such person
Upon receipt of a Counter-Notification containing the information as outlined in 1 through 4 above:
1. BioInfoRx shall promptly provide you with a copy of the Counter-Notification;
2. BioInfoRx shall inform you that it will replace the removed material or cease disabling access to it within ten (10) business days; and
3. BioInfoRx shall replace the removed material or cease disabling access to the material within ten (10) to fourteen (14) business days following receipt of the Counter-Notification, provided BioInfoRx's Copyright Agent for Notice has not received notice from you that an action has been filed seeking a court order to restrain Subscriber from engaging in infringing activity relating to the material on BioInfoRx's network or system.
You may want to seek the advice of independent legal counsel before filing a notification or counter-notification.
BIOINFORX.COM and the BioInfoRx logo and design are registered trademarks of BioInfoRx, Inc.. All other trademarks and service marks are the property of their respective owners. You may not use or display any trademarks or service marks owned by BioInfoRx, Inc. without our prior written consent.
Modification or Suspension of the Web Site
You agree that BioInfoRx may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, modify, discontinue, or suspend its operation of this Web Site, or any part thereof, temporarily or permanently, without notice to you, and you agree that BioInfoRx will not be liable for the consequences of doing so.
You agree that BioInfoRx may, in its sole discretion, and at any time, terminate your use of the Web Site, and may remove or delete any or all of your Content within the Web Site, without prior notice to you for any reason that BioInfoRx, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate. You further agree that BioInfoRx will not be liable to you or to any third party for the consequences of any termination of your use of or access to the Web Site. In the event of any termination of your use of or access to the Web Site, you agree that the provisions of the Agreement regarding Protection of Intellectual Property Rights and License, Trademark Notices, Indemnification, Disclaimer or Warranties, Limitations of Liability, and Applicable Law shall survive any such termination.
Severability of Agreement
If any provision of the Agreement is found by a court or other binding authority to be invalid, you agree that every attempt shall be made to give effect to the parties' intentions as reflected in that provision, and the remaining provisions contained in the Agreement shall continue in full force and effect.
Limitations of Actions Brought Against BioInfoRx
You agree that any claim or cause of action arising out of your use of the Web Site or the Agreement must be filed within one year after such claim or cause of action arose or it shall forever be barred, notwithstanding any statute of limitations or other law to the contrary.
The Agreement and the resolution of any dispute related to the Agreement, the Web Site, or items you purchase through the Web Site shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Wisconsin, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. Any legal action or proceeding between BioInfoRx and you related to the Agreement shall be brought exclusively in a federal or state court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Wisconsin, Dane County, and you agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of such courts.