BioInfoRx Enables Research Laboratories to Get Into the Cloud!
BioInfoRx provides standard and custom software-as-a-service (SaaS) to academic, non-profit, and commercial research laboratories, and small biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
BioInfoRx's cloud-based systems include powerful tools for managing general laboratory information and processing biological data with bioinformatic or biostatistical methods.
We found that most difficulties in research laboratories are related to information management, about how to manage, process, use, share, and protect information to support research. To solve these difficulties, we established BioInfoRx, aiming to offer real-time, long-term, integrated and affordable information solutions to research laboratories.
Recent advances in internet technologies, in particular cloud computing, provide BioInfoRx opportunities to develop such solutions. Now is the time for research laboratories to move into the cloud! Cloud-based services provide solutions to many problems we could not solve before. Operation in the cloud means BioInfoRx hardware and software will handle researchers’ data and processing, solving the lab needs for hiring IT persons, purchasing dedicated servers, and performing daily system maintenance.
BioInfoRx has already developed a suite of products to help researchers handle various types of information, from routine lab management to complex biological data management and processing. These products are market ready and have been tested by thousands of researchers.
Here is what people are saying about BioInfoRx
" ... Remarkably we use these BioInfoRx systems every day. Everyone that we show it to is jealous they don't have something similar and it has generated analysis and figures that we have successfully used to secure some grants recently."
– Attie Lab, Biochemistry, UW-Madison
" ... In the last five years, my lab has changed four technicians and over 20 students. Still, we can tell where every dollar was spent, retrieve the sequence of any construct, and figure out exactly how many mice and cages we have at any time. Without BioInfoRx systems, I can not imagine how we would survive."
– Xu Lab, McArdle Laboratory for Cancer Research, UW-Madison
History and Status
BioInfoRx was registered in Wisconsin as C-class Corporation on March 8, 2005.
BioInfoRx is currently located in the University Research Park at 510 Charmany Drive, Suite 275, Madison, WI 53719.
BioInfoRx’s start-up funds came from commercially driven revenues from the beginning. In addition, in 2008, BioInfoRx received a two-year phase I SBIR grant. In September 2009, BioInfoRx received an administrative supplement grant. These grants supported development of a state-of-the-art, highly automated, web-based proprietary microarray data management and analysis system.
The BioInfoRx team is composed of experts in life sciences and computer sciences who are on a mission to solve the laboratory information management and processing bottleneck.
The key to BioInfoRx's solutions is a proprietary application framework (BxAF), which allows BioInfoRx to develop a complete package of cloud-based information solutions. BioInfoRx's proprietary framework is what makes BioInfoRx unique in the market place.
BioInfoRx adopts Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) business model, which solves laboratory needs for hiring special IT persons, purchasing dedicated servers, and performing daily system maintenance.
BxAF Main Features
- Future oriented technology: BxAF is designed to grow and evolve with web-based technologies. BioInfoRx utilizes open source, web-based development languages to follow technological trends and maintain state-of-the-art capabilities.
- Unprecedented flexibility: BxAF systems can be implemented with the most popular programming languages, operating systems, and databases allowing developers to select the best technologies for custom system development.
- Highly integrated: BxAF systems are naturally integrated, allowing access to multiple systems on one server. The systems may be easily integrated with existing public or intranet websites. All BioInfoRx's products are built using BxAF, and they are all seamlessly integrated together.
- Secure: All systems require user authentication, are controlled by group manager.
- Audit Trials: Rapidly build applications that meets GLP and FDA Guidelines, including 21 CFR part 11 requirements, for individual labs in universities, clinics, biotech and pharmaceutical companies.
- Group-based: BxAF systems are designed for use by a research group. The group PI or manager determines system features, approves group members, and sets access parameters. Everyone has the right level of access anywhere, all the time with web-based BxAF systems.
- Designed for rapid system development:BxAF is an easy-to-use application framework for rapid new system development. It contains all basic features found in data management systems, such as user registration, group data sharing, database designing, and more. Therefore developers using BxAF do not need to write codes from scratch and can rapidly design any types of web-based data systems.